Legends Of Akshaya Tritiya
Akshaya means immortal or something that is indestructible and Tritaya means third lunar day. So anything that we do on Akshaya Tritiya grows with time and cannot be destroyed. Hence it is recommended to begin auspicious things on this day such as purchase of house, land or jewellery etc. Any new investment like real estate or stock, starting a company or website, starting a new relationship or anything that you want to be with you for ever can be initiated on this day
According to Mahabharata it is believed that on this glorious day Lord Sun gifted the Akshaya Patra to the Pandavs. This was an enchanted pot which had a never ending supply of food. One day Draupadi needed food for a visiting sage and therefore prayed to Lord Krishna for food. Krishna appeared and ate the last grain that was stuck on the Akshaya Patra. That one grain satisfied Krishna’s belly and in turn satisfied all the human beings and also the visiting Sage.
After a fierce battle with Mahishasura that lasted for ten days, Goddess Durga killed him on this day. According to Puranas, this day also marks the beginning of the Treta Yuga and Satya Yuga respectively
Krishna Sudama reunion--1
After a span of many years on this auspicious day Sudama visited his long lost childhood friend Lord Shri Krishna. Sudama was very poor and did not have any gift to offer him. Realizing that it would not be nice to go empty handed, he asked his wife to prepare some food that he could give him as a present. Having virtually nothing in the house, she picked up some rice and packed it in a little piece of cloth.
Lord Shri Krishna embraced him in a grand way. He bestowed upon him his love, blessings and kindness and thus began a turning point in Sudama‘s life when he had everything that he could have dreamt of.
Lord Vishnu and his incarnations are worshipped on this day. Puja of Kuber and Goddess Lakshmi is done on this day, who are the bestowal of wealth and prosperity. Lord Brahma is also pleased if sandalwood water and Modaks are offered to him. All the dwars of char dham temples are opened on this day. In the end as per Matsya Puran chanting of mantras, charity, yajnas, and offerings to God and fasting on this day yields inexhaustible fruits.
Akshaya Tritiya is a 24-hour power time that holds the secret for acquiring ever-increasing wealth. This once a year special day on 3rd waxing moon fills the world with royal energy and material abundance. You can receive this royal wealth creation energy deep within your mind and soul
Mythological Significance of Power of Akshaya Tritiya
The significance of Akshaya Tritiya day dates back to Treta Yuga, the second oldest epoch of mankind
- According to Shiva Purana, on Akshaya Tritiya day, Kubera was made the Lord of riches and banker of Heaven by Lord Shiva
- On Akshaya Tritiya, Goddess Parvati incarnated as Goddess Annapurna and Lord Shiva received biksha (alms) from her. It is believed that by feeding Lord Shiva, Goddess Annapurna feeds the entire universe
- According to Mahabharata, on this day Lord Krishna gifted a divine vessel called ‘Akshaya Patra’ to Draupadi, wife of 5 Pandava brothers, during their exile period. This vessel miraculously produced food as and when required for any number of people
- Parasurama, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, was born to Sage Jamadagni and his wife Renuka on Akshaya Tritiya during Pradosham time
- It is believed that the holiest river Ganga came down to the earth plane on this day to make mother earth fertile and to quench the thirst of mankind
- The great sage Veda Vyasa began the narration of Mahabharata and Lord Ganesha captured it in written form on Akshaya Tritiya day
- According to the scriptures, it was on Akshaya Tritiya day Lord Krishna blessed his childhood friend Sudama with material riches